The Vampire Diaries 5×11 100th Episode Synopsis, Photos & MORE!
Here’s some spoilers for The Vampire Diaries 5×11 from Amanda Remling at IBTimes.com posted Jan. 3rd, 2014.
TVD Spoilers for 5×11 the 100th Episode, “500 Years of Solitude.”
“The Vampire Diaries” loves flashbacks, and this time we’ll be going back in time to 1490. Why was that a significant year, you may ask? Because that was when a then-human Katherine gave birth to her daughter, Nadia.
According to the synopsis for episode 11, Katherine will be facing a “new crisis,” which leads her to remember the “traumatic night in 1490 when she gave birth to the daughter who was immediately taken from her.” Viewers know the rest of the story thanks to Nadia’s history lesson in the first half of the season, but leaked photos reveal that the mother and daughter may have run into each other before Nadia’s trip to Mystic Falls.
Reminiscing About The Good Times
In the past, Katherine’s failing health may have made everyone ecstatic … but now it looks like Stefan might have developed a soft spot for her. It’ll be up to the youngest Salvatore to inform Elena, Caroline and Bonnie that Katherine’s health has taken a turn for the worse. It’s unclear how the girls will take the news, but it sounds like Damon, Matt and Jeremy will be having a field day with the news, discussing her “most notorious moments.” (What about the one time that she chopped Uncle John’s fingers off?! Or how about that time she fed Jeremy to Silas?! Ahhhh memories.)
Remember when Caroline caught (or more like heard) Stefan locking lips with Katherine? “Vampire Diaries” fans know that things got a lot more heated than that … but Elena doesn’t know! Currently on the outs with Damon after his midseason finale breakdown, Elena is finally going to hear that juicy bit of hookup gossip from Caroline. And Caroline? Well, she’s going to “indulge in a little scandalous behavior of her own.” Perhaps the “scandalous behavior” is locking lips with Stefan? (How will Elena take that?!)
Nadia had a plan in place to help her mother — use traveler magic to transfer her into another body. Katherine initially rejected the idea, revealing to her daughter that her desire to stay alive was based on Stefan (and how much he likes the body she is in).
Katherine had a change of heart at the end of the midseason finale and decided to go through with Nadia’s idea. The only problem is that when she had a change of heart, her heart decided to give out. While she might not be dead yet, time is definitely running out and Nadia isn’t going to give up on her so easily.
Nadia will come up with a “frightening plan” to protect Katherine and “forced” Stefan and Elena to help her with it. While the plan might be a mystery now, it sounds like it will lead the two doppelgangers to “share an unexpected moment of connection.
Official CW Synopsis
THE 100th EPSIODE [sic]: FLASHBACKS TO KATHERINE’S EARLY LIFE — As she faces a new crisis, Katherine (Nina Dobrev) remembers the traumatic night in 1490 when she gave birth to the daughter who was immediately taken from her. Stefan (Paul Wesley) lets Elena, Caroline (Candice Accola) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) know that Katherine’s health has taken a turn for the worse, while Damon (Ian Somerhalder) Matt (Zach Roerig) and Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) discuss some of Katherine’s most notorious moments. Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda) comes up with a frightening plan to protect her mother, and Stefan and Elena are forced to help her. Meanwhile, Caroline is mortified when she realizes she forgot to fill Elena in on the latest shocking gossip, then indulges in a little scandalous behavior of her own. Finally, Elena and Katherine share an unexpected moment of connection.
BE SURE TO LOOK BELOW THE PICTURES FOR EVEN MORE SPOILERS AND AN EXTENDED PROMO, TOO!
Stills From The Vampire Diaries 100th Episode 5×11 “500 Years of Solitude”
And Even MORE TVD Spoilers, this time courtesy of Sydney Bucksbaum at Zap2it posted Jan. 16th, 2014.
Here are 10 spoilers from “500 Years of Solitude” — and obviously there’s a big spoiler alert warning in here somewhere (oh yeah, the headline!) so stop reading if you don’t want to know anything:
10. The episode is all about Katherine. We found out in the fall finale that our favorite vampire-turned-human was dying, and after her heart attack, it turns out she only has less than a day until her body fails. Yes, she’s a survivor, but it looks like fate is finally catching up to her.
9. Katherine’s impending death has the 500-year-old reminiscing about her life, and you know what that means: Flashbacks! But expect to see several new twists on an old memory.
8. Since Katherine has caused everyone on “TVD” a ton of pain and suffering and death, mostly everyone will be celebrating her limited time left. That means the obvious: Day drinking. Lots and lots of alcohol will be consumed.
7. Because of all that alcohol, secrets will come out, and the way that everyone deals with all the new info will surprise you.
6. Caroline “scandalous behavior” is ridiculously scandalous. In fact, that’s the biggest understatement of the year. It will have fans simultaneously cheering and booing. So many mixed emotions. Expect things to get extremely complicated.
5. Some familiar faces, places, and things will return. We can’t reveal any of them except for Stefan’s least favorite safe — you know, the one he spent all summer locked in?
4. There’s one scene in particular that we ended up rewinding too many times because it’s just so shocking, amazing, crazy, etc. Seriously, we’re a little worried for the fandom when it finally airs. Have oxygen tanks on standby because hyperventilating is a serious side effect. We’re also a little worried that Twitter might break. Sorry, Internet.
3. Okay, we lied: There are two scenes in particular that we ended up rewinding too many times. But the second one is less shocking and more heartbreakingly amazing. The tears are real, people.
2. Stefan shares some amazing scenes with both Katherine and Elena that should make both Steferine and Stelena fans happy.
1. The doppelgänger prophecy/mythology comes back into play in a major way.
Okay, we couldn’t leave it at just 10 spoilers, this episode is way too huge. Here’s some bonus scoop for you (you’re welcome):
- Look at how cozy Bonnie and Jeremy look on that couch in the photo above. It only gets better from there. That entire scene is just perfect in so many ways.
- Damon and Elena are both having an awful time dealing with their breakup, especially when the whole gang gets together and they come face to face. Expect their friends to get involved in major ways.
- Damon’s ways of dealing with Katherine’s impending death … well, let’s just say Damon’s being his Damon-est.
- Nina Dobrev has been wowing us with her portrayal of three different characters this season, and this is one of her best episodes yet.
The Vampire Diaries 5X11 100th EPISODE EXTENDED PROMO
Will Once Upon a Time's Evil Queen and Robin Hood Ever Get It Together? Here’s the spoilers...
What Will Don Be Up To When Mad Men Returns? Here’s the spoilers for Mad Men from TV Guide’...